Thanksgiving is that holiday where we stuff our faces to capacity. Thanksgiving usually means time with the 3 F’s, no not 3 elves, but F’s. Family, Food, and Football. Once Thanksgiving dinner is over and the food coma starts to set in, you may hear your child or adult broadcasting, “I’m bored.” No worries, we are at your rescue! We’ve fried up a Holiday turkey stuffed with family-friendly activities sure to treat the most bored.
Here are the top 11 things to do in Oklahoma City On Thanksgiving
1. If you want to give back this Thanksgiving holiday, the Oklahoma City Rescue Mission could still use some helping hands in assisting the homeless and/or less fortunate. They will be serving Thanksgiving dinner. They are located at 800 W. California Ave in Oklahoma City. You can also call them at 405-232-2709. Click the pic below to be directed to their website.
2. Join the fun on the ice! The Devon Ice Rink, located at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in downtown OKC, will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 3-9pm. Go ahead and get in a session of ice-skating! 301 West Reno Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
3. Take an adventurous and riveting ride on The Polar Express. It’s at the Oklahoma Railway Museum. It provides an amazing, interactive holiday experience with activities based on the classic children’s book of the same name by Chris Van Allsburg. Dancing chefs serve hot chocolate and cookies as part of the Polar Express ride.
4. OKC Turkey Tracks 5K,We probably should have placed this one first, but here it is. Early Thanksgiving morning is the OKC Turkey Tracks 5K. This 5K event supports the US Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation. The event also features one-mile fun run. Participants are asked to bring new, unopened, and unwrapped toys as gifts to Toys for Tots. So now you can start the day off with a good workout then proceed to the pig out!
5. Frontier City’s Holiday in the Park is a great Oklahoma City holiday attraction. They open November 29th. The park will feature Christmas lights, visits with Santa Claus, and of course, rides.
6. Check out over 180,000 colorful LED lights draping the historic buildings and streets in the historical Automobile Alley Lights. They are located on NW 4th to 10th St. on Broadway Ave.
7. Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops in Bricktown, Oklahoma City features a range of free family holiday activities in a Christmas village setting. You even get free 4×6 photos of visits with Santa. They are located at 200 Bass Pro Drive, OKC, OK 73104.
8. Inside activities will be available for you all that rather stay indoors. Check out the Science Museum Oklahoma. It is a premier family educations attraction with more than seven acres of hands-on science experiences, space and aviation artifacts, and much much more. They are located at 2020 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Ensure to send some beautiful love messages to your family and friends to show you care.
9. Right next door to the Science Museum of Oklahoma, check out the Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Gardens. Explore the following settings: the Great Escape, Cat Forest/Lion Overlook, Oklahoma Trails, and Sanctuary Asia. Their address is 2000 Remington Place, OKC, OK 73111.
10. This one’s touching and may have you shed a tear or two or three and so on. It is the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. The museum is located exactly where the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building stood and bombed on April 19th, 1995. The museum is a symbol of enduring strength, hope, and understanding to each and every visitor. The outdoor memorial is open 24/7 365. Their physical address is 620 N. Harvey Ave, Downtown OKC, OK 73102.
11. How about more downtown action with The Oklahoma City Thunder competing against the New Orleans Pelicans, Chris Paul’s very first team, at Chesapeake Energy Arena on Friday, Nov. 29 at 7pm. 100 West Reno Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
Bonus: If you want to hang out with a wrecker driver in a wrecker truck, need a car towed, battery jumped, flat tire changed, keys locked in car, and/or ran out of gas, Ultimate Reflections Towing will be open 24/7 during the holiday weekend. Just give us a call at 405-437-8200. We cover OKC and surroundings cities and municipalities.