The acronym ‘SOSA’ stands for South of Saint Anthony, a neighborhood in Oklahoma City located not very far from the core of Midtown and Downtown districts. Before now, the neighborhood is formally known as “The Cottage District”, hosting stunning high-end modern and most creative architecture in Oklahoma City. A serene location for well-known developers, city influencers and architects who have achieved and of course, enjoyed the hustle and bustle of city life. Because of the high density of architects who find a home in this inner-city neighborhood, it is sometimes called ” the architect ghetto”.
SOSA is bordered in the north by NW 9th Street and Saint Anthony’s Hospital, NW 6th Street in the south, to the east by N Walker Avenue and to the west by Classen Boulevard.
Following the general decline in the population of Downtown as a result of post-World War ll, an inner-city neighborhood like SOSA sprang up, though still depicts the 1900s era cottages yet, with a great deal of contemporary architecture. The major transformation of SOSA became obvious in 2002 when two 1906 residential buildings were renovated.
Today, most of the projects carried out in this area are exceptionally contemporary architectural design styles ranging from the single-family residences to duplexes. Basically, the area can be considered as a small urban community constantly on the rise. Whether buildings are fully or partially restored and modernized or not, home buyers are eager and as well excited in acquiring homes of different types. This is because SOSA’s real estate is not only varied but eclectic, this is evident in the smaller homes that are considered historic to the modern and the brand-new luxury homes.
Many factors are responsible for the influx of people into the area, the notable ones are;
● Access to public transportation
● Proximity to good schools
● Access to a high-quality hospital like St. Anthony Hospital
● Upscale restaurant of walkable distance, including; Revolution Taqueria, Jones Assembly, Sunnyside Dinner, and a host of others
● Proximity to neighborhoods like Paseo, Original Military Park, Crown Height, Epworth, Sequoyah, and lots more.
● Proximity to notable attractions including, Myriad Botanical Gardens, Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, Washington Park, Civic Center Music Hall, Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, Red Earth Art Gallery, Bicentennial Park, Oklahoma River and Wheeler Park. These places are just a few blocks from the city’s business district.
All of these, combined with its creative and innovative architecture, impressive skyline views (SOSA Height lands), eclectic character, its location within Oklahoma City’s Midtown district and closeness to the Downtown neighborhood, make it an interesting, unique, promising and active inner-city neighborhood district.
Would you like to live in a stunning and beautiful urban neighborhood in Oklahoma City? SOSA is your sure bet!
From Ultimate Reflections Towing – Towing Service OKC 2217 SW 19th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73108 to SOSA via Exchange Ave.
9 min (3.4 mi)
● Head west on SW 19th St toward S Youngs Blvd
Turn right onto S Agnew Ave
Turn right onto SW 15th A
Turn left onto S Pennsylvania Ave
● Turn right onto Exchange Ave
Turn right onto SW 3rd St
Turn left onto S Western Ave
● Turn right onto NW 7th St 0.2 mi
● Arrive at destination: SOSA Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Tow truck service near SOSA OKC, OK
Learn more about lincoln terrace okc, ok.